Skip to main content
Create a sub collection within a collection
Step 1: Creating the template
- We first need to create a new collection template by heading to Admin > Online store > Customize theme.
- In the template picker at the top of the theme editor, select Collections > Create a template. Give it a descriptive name like “Dresses collection list”.
- You will now be taken to that template. Look on the left-hand side and you’ll see the options to add sections to this page. Add a Collection list section to the template.
- Use the settings to pick the collections you want to show, and also disable any features you don’t want to use on this page – like section header.
- Once done, save this template. You are now ready to assign it to a collection.
Step 2: Creating your collection and assigning your template
- Make sure you have your theme published for this part, otherwise you won’t be able to select the template.
- Head to Admin > Product > Collections > Add or Select a collection.
- On the right lower side you will see an option for Theme template, click this and select the new template you created in step 1.
- Once you have assigned this template, click save, and that’s it. You should now be able to view this collection and see your collections displayed on it.